LASER SCANNING & INTEGRATION WITH BIM TECHNOLOGIES
Presenter: Julie Marton, Structural Engineer, Odeh Engineers
This course introduces the basic principles of laser scanning as it relates to the building design industry. After first defining a point cloud and the information contained in point clouds, the course will explore the process used to capture data, including common logistical and site concerns, as well as the process used to assemble this data for various use cases. The course will then explore the integration of laser scans with BIM technologies and practices commonly used for project delivery. Finally, several case studies will be presented illustrating various use cases and applications of the technology within the field building design.
At the end of this class, you will have an understanding of:
- the basic principles of laser scanning & point clouds.
- the processes of point cloud data capture & assembly.
- integration of laser scans with BIM technologies & practices for project delivery.
- applications of laser scanning technology in the building design field.
AIA Learning Credit CEUs will be offered.
RSVP online at: http://www.meetup.com/RUGOVCV/
If you have not yet signed up for meetup, please do! Moving forward we’re going to use this site for our virtual community:
- Calendar – our next 6 meetings are posted so you can plan ahead.
- RSVP confirmation & reminder emails – once you are a member of our group you’ll receive email reminders for upcoming events
- Polls – polls are a great way to ask one question at a time.
- Discussions – post questions or issues to the entire group to benefit from our collective pool of knowledge
- Networking – reconnect online with someone you meet at a meeting
- Announcements – meetup provides us with a quick and easy way to send announcements and communications to the group.
- Find out about other groups that meet in our area and use the same login and password to join those groups as well.
Charlottesville Revit User Group
Join us on Meetup
Join us on LinkedIn
Like us on Facebook