MEGAN JOHNSON, AIA
As BIM and IPD gain popularity, the drive to instill the model with data is becoming an expectation of model development. Data and meta-data standards have been developed, but a clarity as to when data should or should not be a requirement is nebulous. Here we will discuss when and how much data is actually useful in project development.
1. Data Culture
2. What are Open Standards?
3. How to develop data in a model – Does LOD matter?
4. Model Types
5. What is an Architect’s Responsibility?
1. After this presentation, participant will understand the concepts of a data driven culture, and will be introduced to industry standards including the need for open standards.
2. Develop an understanding of the dichotomous relationship between producing data and absorbing data.
3. Technical process for instilling data into a model will be briefl y reviewed in an effort to demystify the process and minimize intimidation.
4. After this presentation, participant will understand the different model types within a project process and what type of data is appropriate for what model type.