RSVP online at: http://www.meetup.com/RUGOVCV/
You are invited to the Revit User Group of Charlottesville.
· Wednesday, May 9th at CitySpace
· 5:30 Food / 6 – 7 Presentation
Presentation: What is Civil BIM?
· 1 Hour of AIA Learning Credit CEUs.
· Free Food
Networking, Drinks & Food
Announcements and Introduction
What is Civil BIM?
Cody A. Pennetti, PE
The presentation will include an overview of civil engineering technology for BIM processes. The topics covered will focus on how civil models can be coordinated with building models and the differences between software platforms for each discipline. Interoperability between civil and building software (Civil 3D and Revit) will be discussed to identify efficient workflows.
· understanding the platform differences (C3D vs Revit)
· grading/surface modeling in C3D and how it’s provided to Revit
· utility connectors between Revit/C3D.
· geographic project locations (impacts to solar studies and coordination)
· Advanced technology applications, LiDAR, GIS, or other civil platforms