5:15 PM: Networking, Drinks & Food provided by Smoked BBQ
5:50 PM: Announcements, Door Prize Drawing provided by Imaginit & CVAIA and Introduction
6:00-7:00 PM: REVIT FAMILIES: A STEP-BY-STEP INTRODUCTION
Presenter: Paul Aubin, via LIVE webcast just for us!
Maybe you know the power of Revit software’s Family Editor but you’ve avoided it or it has intimidated you until now. Wait no more. This hands-on lab will introduce you to the basics of Family Editor. Once you overcome your nerves, you’ll find that while Family Editor is extremely powerful, it can actually be great fun. In this short introduction to Family Editor, you will create a Revit component family complete with constraints and parameters. Don’t worry if you don’t know what a constraint or parameter is—we’ll cover that too. Whether you’ve never worked in Revit software before, or you’ve used Revit for a while but you’ve simply avoided the Family Editor, this lab will teach you the basics of the editor in the most effective way possible—hands on! Note: The session uses architectural examples, but the concepts apply to the flavors of Revit software, including Revit LT software.
Download the dataset and the handout ahead of time at:
At the end of this class, you will have an understanding of:
• How to use reference planes, constraints, and parameters
• How to create a simple, fully parametric model family
• How to nest components and set up a parametric array
• How to apply materials and other accoutrements
AIA Learning Credit CEUs will be offered.
Networking, additional Q & A
RSVP online at: http://www.meetup.com/RUGOVCV/
If you have not yet signed up for meetup, please do! Moving forward we’re going to use this site for our virtual community:
- Calendar – our next 6 meetings are posted so you can plan ahead.
- RSVP confirmation & reminder emails – once you are a member of our group you’ll receive email reminders for upcoming events
- Polls – polls are a great way to ask one question at a time.
- Discussions – post questions or issues to the entire group to benefit from our collective pool of knowledge
- Networking – reconnect online with someone you meet at a meeting
- Announcements – meetup provides us with a quick and easy way to send announcements and communications to the group.
- Find out about other groups that meet in our area and use the same login and password to join those groups as well.
Charlottesville Revit User Group
Join us on Meetup
Join us on LinkedIn
Like us on Facebook